Monday, November 17, 2014

Strangers on a Train



Traveling on the Subway for work, it has become a frequent norm to watch people and sketch them that sometimes, I do not even notice the people sitting right next to me. There was this one day where I sat right across a colleague from work and he didn't even know I was there all across until I had to go across to him as I got off our stop, 8 stops from where we had both boarded. This was one of the Inspirations to draw, "Strangers on a Train." In a world that promotes everything of the Self... and with the pre-dominant introduction of the word "Selfie" we have built a wall around us and block ourselves in this tight cubicle of ourselves never to know what it is happening in and around us. This drawing is a comical take on one such moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment